Some examples of fruits and veggies I use:
Peaches, Apples, Pear, Mango, Banana, Plums
I usually do a mix of veggies and fruit, with a little extra banana for sweetness 🙂
Home-made Puffs Recipe
This is the perfect baby finger food. Delicious and nutritious!
- 1 cup organic oat flour, or brown rice flour* (you can also use baby cereal)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pureed fruits or veggies
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tbsp flax (ground raw flaxseed) or chia mixed with 2 1/2 tbsp water - let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup breastmilk, juice, or water
- 1 tbsp molasses, unsulphured (optional, great source of iron)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix all ingredients together, making sure there are no lumps (but don't overmix)
Pipe onto parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 200 degrees and continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes, depending on how crunchie you want them.
Tip: If you don't have a piping bag, you can use a ziploc bag and cut a corner to squeeze through. *To make your own Oat Flour or Brown Rice Flour, simply pulse in food processor or high-speed blender until the consistency of flour!
I can’t wait to hear if your little ones enjoy this snack! Please let me know in the comments if you found any new variations or have any tips also!
Leave a Reply