Hey guys!! Well, I’m finally doing it…..I’m writing my first blog post! It’s funny the first thing I hear from most people when I say I’m stumped on how to start my blog is “me too!” So it’s good to know I’m not alone. I have been putting this off for quite awhile, waiting for the perfect first post, and I came to the conclusion that there is no perfect and being real is the best way to go….always! People are intimidated by the unknown, I know I am *raises hand…..so here goes nothing!
I’m Maegan! My husband Aaron and I are raising our family in BC Canada where I am currently a stay at home mama to our littlest bean Liberty! Aaron works out of town most of the time which is why I’m so happy to have found this creative outlet! We have 3 older kiddos, Olivia (12), Ethan (15) and Miles (22), being that I’ve been a mom over a span of 22 years gives me a lot of knowledge on the subject of mama hood! Which is kinda why I started my blog :). I’ve met a great little community of mothers over on Instagram, I love sharing everything from baby-wearing tips, recipes, clothing brands we love and just general mom stuff. So this space is a great way for me to do that and continue those relationships on another platform! Win-Win
A little about me….
- I LOVE to cook, you can usually find me in the kitchen for hours in a day….probably with Liberty on my hip.
- I go to sleep almost every night watching FRIENDS, it’s like my comfort blanket ( I know I should read more)
- I always love a good bargain, I almost never pay full price for anything and prefer to buy it used if possible!
- If shopping was a sport I would be an Olympic gold medalist (no joke)
- Staying active is a big part of my life, I’m usually hiking, snowshoeing, skiing, paddle boarding or doing anything that doesn’t require me to be in a gym.
- I have a few idiosyncrasies, my weirdest one by far ( and one my husband teases me the most about). I have to finish stairs with my left foot….weird right? Not every time, I’m not crazy I swear lol.
I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you and meet some new friends! Please feel free to leave a comment below and tell me a bit about yourself as well!
My name is Casey, I am a nurse and a first time mom to my little Olivia! She is now 4 months old (which I can hardly believe). I started following you on instagram when I was pregnant and immediately was hooked because of your style and how real you are. Your family is too precious for words. Your blog is perfect, the style suits you, great first entry!! Can’t wait to read more!
Ps. I received my order from “Shop Liberty’s Closet” and it’s perfect! Olivia will now be the envy on Naples Beach in December.
Take care 🙂
Hey Casey!! I love that your daughters name is Olivia also! Time goes so quickly when they’re little doesn’t it? I’m so happy you’re following along AND you found something for your little Olivia on my shop page! I would love to see pictures of her in them 🙂
Thank you so much for your support with the blog now too!
Can’t wait to read more. You’re such a refreshing mix of beauty and glam, yet with grace and honesty. Way to go on the beautiful blog, mama!
Hey Joanne! Was so nice to see you at the market last week, you make such cute baby clothes! Thank you so much for your sweet words, you’re a beautiful mama inside and out 🙂